Wednesday, February 23, 2005

 

Thoughts on mentoring a core group

Thinking about my group that I'm mentoring. I'm hoping I made the right decision. I feel like the group is difficult. I do know them already but the group is really big but I guess that's ok. I feel like maybe I need to spin this a little into a group of power users'. I'm wondering if I could hand pick some users and ask them to participate in my BB. This could be like the "core user group" for my ARP too which would help others to try it.

Some of the things we talked about in Florida really helped me to think about mentoring a group. The biggest thing I want to get is to help to build a community that calls on one another after the face to face trainings are done. So they not only remember each other but communicate virtually on a regular basis. I think establishing a community is somewhat there but they have no framework for continuing the community. I think this will give them that. I hope the rest happens like I think it will.
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?